A word from the Chairman
Despite the turbulence caused by the pandemic and containment, your Board has managed to put all the pieces in place to keep the momentum going.
It was with regret that I had to step down as president, but in the absence of a replacement, the members present at the Amqui AGM decided to renew my mandate for a further year.
Thank you for your renewed confidence.
Last year, Le Richelieu took a resolute turn towards the environment, and current initiatives will make the FRI THE benchmark for environmental service clubs.
By reading these lines, you’ll be able to see these changes for yourself.
First, we addressed the issue of confusion between Richelieu International and Fondation Richelieu-International, which had been mentioned in the BNP Performance report.
Fondation Richelieu-International now has its own corporate image, its own website and a video that clearly explains its origins, mission, vision and values.
Another video is currently being produced to showcase our achievements, but also our directions, to prove that FRI is now a leading partner for organizations that take environmental issues to heart.
We’ll be in a better position to approach potential financial partners to grow our capital, enabling us to offer the usufruct in grants to applicant organizations.
The last two years have shown that we will be a key player in the environment.
We will continue our efforts to launch a major fundraising campaign as soon as all the tokens are in place.
We will continue our policy of providing grants to organizations that have projects with an environmental flavour, as evidenced by the following:
- Protecting and enhancing foraging insects
- Wetland restoration
- Cleaning up riverbanks, undergrowth and other open spaces
- Sanitation of living environments (humans, animals, etc.)
- Restoring natural environments
- Green energy development
- Replacing polluting activities with green activities
- Resource development (natural, renewable and other)
- Help in setting up environmental programs
- Planting (trees, shrubs, flowers for foraging insects)
- Creation of animal habitats (nesting boxes, beehives, shelters, etc.).
- Protection/restoration of environments (wetlands, undergrowth, forests, pastures, etc.)
As mentioned at the launch of the initiative in May 2019, we’ll need you members to help us reach as many people as possible.
Our success depends on our commitment to the cause, so that our children, grandchildren and future generations can live and thrive in a healthy, welcoming environment.
- R/Bernard Landreville
President, Fondation Richelieu-International 2020-2024